November 2012 Cathy completed her training as a Fascial Fitness Trainer with Robert Schleip PhD and Divo G Muller at the London School of Osteopathy.
- A new training program for the development of supple, flexible and strong connective tissues.
- Fascia is tissue that CONNECTS all parts of the body and plays a fundamental role in our physical health.
- Good function of Fascia underpins quality athletic performance.
- An important part of every comprehensive training program.
- Elastic Recoil – Rebound Elasticity e.g. The Flying Sword IN: soft elastic dynamic, jumps without noise and a micro bouncing rhythm, a sense of ease (like a rubber ball)
- Fascial Stretches e.g. Cat Stretch, Elephant walk, Warrior IN: long chains are better than short ones, the body as a bodywide network and integrated tension.
- Release and Hydration e.g. Balls: Big foot – foot on balls * Roller: Fascia lata * Roller Upper spine. IN: Melting movements of body at super-slow speed; few millimetres per breathing cycle only.
- Proprioceptive refinement e.g. starfish, octopus tentacle
- IN: refinement of movement and body awareness. Developing elegance, grace beauty in the body’s expression. Sense of feeling at home in one’s body, integrated tension and wellbeing.